Half a million children displaced by fighting in Hodeidah in just six months
At least one in ten children across Yemen (1.5 million) have been forced from their homes because of the four-year-long brutal war, exposing them to serious risks including hunger, disease and violence, warns Save the Children.
More than half a million children have been displaced by the fighting in Hodeidah governorate in just the past six months, according to the UN. That’s an average of more than 2,000 children every single day since June last year. And that’s only from Hodeidah, which has seen some of the worst fighting in Yemen.
Civilians fleeing violence face life-threatening risks the moment they embark on their journeys. The most immediate danger is death or injury due to explosive weapons which have been used indiscriminately by all parties to the conflict with little regard for their legal obligation to protect civilians in conflict.
Amnesty International published an open source investigation on Wednesday, reporting on increasing violence and danger in the Yemen conflict, with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) ‘recklessly’ supporting militias with heavy and developed weapons.Continue Reading
It is no surprise the Saudi propaganda machine has come after US House Representatives Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib.Continue Reading
“The only losers are the people — their grave suffering presents generational risk to Yemen’s future,” said an expert.
Women-led organization CodePink have called upon Mariah Carey to cancel an upcoming performance in Saudi Arabia due to some of the country’s views.Continue Reading
The Saudi-led coalition and the Houthi armed group engaged in a conflict in Yemen which have turned the country’s humanitarian crisis into a full-blown catastrophe, Human Rights Watch said today in its World Report 2019.Continue Reading
In her dreams, Buthaina al-Raimi still hears her parents tell her “we love you”.Continue Reading